Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This can be made plain, with ham stirred into it, or with a can of Rotel (Rotel diced tomatoes and chilies) added when you add the Cheese Whiz. Another variation is to add crisp homemade bacon bits and peas.
- Cook the pasta in salted boiling water until tender.
- Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Put the pasta into a large mixing bowl.
- Melt the Cheese Whiz in the microwave, stirring every 15 seconds until the Cheese Whiz is hot, and then stir the Cheese Whiz into the pasta.
- Add the grated cheese and stir until well blended.
- Put the mixture into a greased baking dish and bake at 350F for 40-45 minutes until hot.
- If you want this super fast, put the mixture into a large glass bowl and microwave it, stirring every 30 seconds until the cheese has melted and macaroni is very hot.
- Sometimes I also use a blend of different grated cheeses.