Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
My aunt made these one day and I nearly died. I call them bread-brownies because you eat them like brownies, but have the consistency of bread or muffins. They seem heavy, but taste light and sweet. The walnuts add texture and the bread itself is a beautiful brown color. The recipe is very, very simple, you can't go wrong. Warning: these are very sticky, so have a napkin, you won't be able to stop eating!
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking soda
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup of chopped walnuts
- one 20 oz. can of crushed pineapples in heavy syrup
- butter, and flour for the baking pans
- Pre-heat oven to about 350 degrees.
- Combine the dry ingredients, mixing thoroughly.
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs and add in the whole can of crushed pineapples and syrup.
- Mix the dry and wet ingredients, and fold in the chopped walnuts
- Lightly butter and flour the baking pans (I use one 8x8 and one casserole dish - this makes a lot of batter).
- Pour in the batter and bake for about 12-15 minutes (Ovens vary, so when the top is brown and a toothpick stuck in the middle comes out clean, it's done).