Recipe by Roxanne J.R.
I have never had luck with lace cookies and after a lot of searching I found a recipe for lace cookies on a blog called Foodspriration that looked so simple I thought there was no way I could mess these up! I did make a couple changes to the recipe (like using corn syrup instead of honey - because I did not want the honey flavour and using a full 1 tsp of batter per cookie instead of 1/2 tsp) but it did not affect the end product. I hope you enjoy these as much as I did!
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons honey or 1 1⁄2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Put 2 Tbsp of brown sugar, 2 Tbsp of butter and 1 1/2 Tbsp of honey (OR corn syrup) into a sauce pan and melt it.
- Once melted, whisk in 2 Tbsp of flour until smooth.
- Then drop 1 tsp of the batter onto a parchment lined baking sheet ( about 3 inches apart) and bake for 6 min at 375F or until they are noticably golden brown all over.
- The batter spreads and bubbles into beautiful cookies.
- Once they have set enough to transfer, you can pick them up with your fingers and move them to a cooling rack to cool until crisp and make sandwiches out of them with buttercream.
- Or you can shape them into mini ice cream bowls or cones.