Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
I got this recipe from a friend about 5 years ago during the holidays. It is easy and delicious.
- 6 medium fresh sweet potatoes, peeled
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup chopped nuts, , optional
- 1 cup small marshmallow, optional
- Spray medium baking dish.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Slice sweet potatoes in 1/4 inch slices.
- Arrange sweet potatoes in baking dish.
- Combine orange juice, brown sugar, orange rind, water, butter, and salt.
- Pour evenly over sweet potatoes.
- Sprinkle on nuts, if desired.
- Cover and bake, basting occasionally, until potatoes are tender, approximately 30 minutes.
- Remove lid during last 10 minutes of baking and may sprinkle over marshmallows at this time if desired.
this was good not overly sweet i did not use the nuts because i dont really like pecans.