Recipe by Kerfuffle-Upon-Wincle
Modified recipe by Janice Newell, posted May 24, 2012, on the Daily Meal -- All things food & drink!
Top Review by Lightly Toasted
This was very good. Instead of just sweet potatoes, I used an organic root vegetable medley from Costco. It contained yellow carrots, orange carrots, sweet potatoes, and turnips. It was very well red'd by everyone, and had a very nice blend of flavors.
- 3 large sweet potatoes (peeled and quartered)
- 44.37 ml red wine vinegar
- 29.58 ml orange juice
- 29.58 ml maple syrup
- 4.92 ml Dijon mustard
- 3.69 ml salt
- black pepper (freshly ground, a few grinds!)
- 2.46 ml cinnamon
- 29.58 ml canola oil or 29.58 ml light olive oil
- 1 large Granny Smith apples (cored and cubed)
- 118.29 ml dried cranberries
- 59.14 ml pecans (toasted and chopped coarsely)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium-hot iron skillet, stirring constantly, toast pecans until fragrant ~ be careful they don't burn! Set aside to cool, then chop coarsely.
- NOTE: (I microwaved my sweet potatoes in their skins!).
- Or ~ Place sweet potatoes in large saucepan. Add enough water to cover. Cover saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce the heat to medium-high and cook at a low boil until tender, about 10 minutes. Drain, transfer to large bowl, and let cool, about 5-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the vinegar, orange juice, maple syrup, mustard, salt, pepper, and cinnamon in a bowl. Slowly whisk in canola oil until well blended. Set aside.
- Add the apple, dried cranberries, and pecans to the sweet potatoes. Toss gently with the dressing. Serve warm or chilled.