1/1 Photo of Super-Duper Strawberry Surprise Cupcakes
I came up with these creamy, dreamy, jam-filled, berry-licious treats because I wanted to make something NON-chocolate for Valentine's Day (crazy, I know!). Don't be frightened by the long directions; these cupcakes are quite easy to make. The batter is based on Kim D's Fresh Strawberry Cake. I hope you enjoy these as much as my BF and I did!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 ounces cream cheese (light or regular)
- 2 tablespoons softened butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2Mix cream cheese, butter, and powdered sugar together with a hand-mixer on low speed until incorporated. Increase mixer speed to high and beat until light and fluffy (4-5 minutes) scraping down sides of bowl as necessary.
- 3Lower mixer speed, add vanilla extract, then beat at high speed until fluffy. Refrigerate until somewhat stiff (can be made up to 3 days in advance).
- 5Preheat oven to 350F and prepare 18 muffin cups.
- 6Sift flour, baking soda, and salt together.
- 7In a separate large bowl, cream together butter, sugar, eggs, and vanilla extract.
- 8Beat for 3 minutes, frequently scraping the sides of the bowl.
- 9Add the 1/3 of the dry mixture to the creamed mixture, then 1/3 of the strawberries; continue until all ingredients are mixed together.
- 10Beat for 2 more minutes.
- 11Fill each muffin cup 1/3 of the way with batter and spoon 1 tsp jam into each cup. Top with remaining batter.
- 12Bake 20-25 minutes, until tester inserted into a cupcake comes out clean.
- 13Turn out onto wire racks to cool.
- 14When cooled completely, frost with cream cheese frosting.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Super-Duper Strawberry Surprise Cupcakes
Serving Size: 1 (76 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 18
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 256.9
- Calories from Fat 83
- Total Fat 9.3 g
- Saturated Fat 5.6 g
- Cholesterol 47.3 mg
- Sodium 157.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 28.0 g
- Protein 2.7 g