Prep 45 mins
Cook 0 mins
I make large amounts of this each holiday season and it is always the hit of the various parties that I bring it to. If you like the dip served at California Pizza Kitchen, you'll love this recipe.
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3⁄4 cup onion, diced
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken stock
- 1 1⁄2 cups heavy cream
- 3⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 12 ounces frozen chopped spinach, defrosted and drained
- 6 ounces canned artichoke bottoms in water, drained and sliced
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 3⁄4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- In large saucepan, heat butter and oil over medium heat.
- When butter is melted add onions and cook until wilted, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add garlic, cook 3 minutes. Do not brown.
- Sprinkle in flour and stir continuously for 10-15 minutes until golden.
- Slowly wisk in stock and return to simmer.
- Add cream and return to simmer.
- Remove from heat and stir in parmesan, chicken base, lemon juice and sugar.
- Add sour cream, spinach, artichokes, monteray jack cheese and Tabasco.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
Wonderful! Made the recipe with a 10 oz. package of frozen spinach and a 14 oz. can of artichokes. It was perfect. Also used fresh grated parmesan cheese. Put the dip in a mini crock pot and served it for Christmas dinner. It was a hit. Thanks for sharing.