Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
Easy, delicious, hearty meal. My family loves this.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 2⁄3 cups canned crushed tomatoes
- 1⁄3 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon steak sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 8 -10 hamburger buns, split
- In a Dutch oven over medium heat, cook first 4 ingredients until the meat is no longer pink and the vegetables are tender; drain.
- Add the next 10 ingredients; mix well.
- Simmer, uncovered, for 35-40 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Spoon 1/2 cup meat mixture onto each bun.
This was our Friday night before the football game supper. This was wonderful and stick to your ribs good. The seasonings are awesome. I used my own canned tomatoes. Top-notch flavor. Thanks Nurse Di.
These sloppy joes reminded me of the one's my mom used to make. Very thick and hearty. The mix of seasonings was savory and we thought they were delicious. I sprinkled some grated cheddar cheese on top. They are sloppy so have lots of napkins around. A family pleaser so thanks for this one.
Verrrrry good sloppy joes. Didn't change a thing with the recipe. Will be making again for sure!! Thanks much.