Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
Easy, delicious, hearty meal. My family loves this.
Top Review by PixieDust
This was our Friday night before the football game supper. This was wonderful and stick to your ribs good. The seasonings are awesome. I used my own canned tomatoes. Top-notch flavor. Thanks Nurse Di.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 2⁄3 cups canned crushed tomatoes
- 1⁄3 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon steak sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 8 -10 hamburger buns, split
Directions See How It's Made
- In a Dutch oven over medium heat, cook first 4 ingredients until the meat is no longer pink and the vegetables are tender; drain.
- Add the next 10 ingredients; mix well.
- Simmer, uncovered, for 35-40 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Spoon 1/2 cup meat mixture onto each bun.