Recipe by dale!
Simple tasty and easy finger food. Perfect for parties or as a snack.
Top Review by Mirj
These were pretty good. I made them last night as part of Zaar Tag. The onion flavor was light, only 1/2 of a small onion for 8 slices of bread. This time is was okay since I was feeding this to the kids, they thought it was a yellow pizza. Next time I'm going to up it to a full onion, and mix in some shredded scallions in as well, for flavor and color. Great party appetizer, but it's also not a bad treat to feed onion-loving kids for supper.
- 1⁄2 small yellow onion
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons freshly grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese (or parmesan cheese)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 8 slices white bread
- 8 tablespoons grated tasty cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium bowl combine the mayonnaise with the chopped yellow onion, 3 tbsp fresh grated parmigiano-reggiano, 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh parsley and salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove the crusts from the bread and cut out rounds with a cookie cutter.
- Bake in a low-medium oven on a cookie sheet for 10- 15 minutes, until golden.
- Spread 1 tsp mixture onto each round and sprinkle with 1 tablespoon cheese.
- Brown under broiler for 1 to 2 minutes and serve.