Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
I've been making this for years. The kids and hubby love it. Nice with a salad on the side and maybe Mexican rice as well depending on how hungry everyone is! Also makes a nice informal party 'dip.'
- 2 (16 ounce) cans refried beans
- 1⁄2 lb ground beef, browned
- 1 large chopped onion
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies, chopped
- 1 package taco seasoning mix
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated monterey jack cheese
- bottled taco sauce (your choice of heat, etc.)
- 1 (10 ounce) jarsliced green olives
- Tabasco sauce
- sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix meat and onions with the taco seasoning.
- Layer beans, meat mixture, chilies,taco sauce (dolloped overall), cheeses, olives, and lastly with more taco sauce.
- Bake at 350 for 20-30 minutes until heated through and cheese melts.
- Serve with your favorite tortilla chips and sour cream.
We had these for an informal supper tonight and they were SUPER DUPER! We didn't have the olives on them because my DH doesn't care for them, but I can't imagine they could be any better. I made two minor errors that I will correct the next time I make them. I will use a larger pan and I will allow them to sit for a few minutes after removing from the oven to "set". They were so good we will definitely have them again.
This recipe is definitely a winner. Hubby couldn't get enough and we cannot wait to make again, even if we have to share! I've always had this type of dish cold so it was a wonderful change being hot. YUM!