Recipe by Chef Jeff Garland
Just something I concocted on a whim. Super easy and good. Makes 2 9 1/2" pies. A lot! Used Kroger brand everything except bottom pastry used Pillsbury deep dish for that, topped with store brand pastry.
- 2 (10 ounce) cans chunk chicken (Drain 1/2 juice of one, all of the other)
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of potato soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 12 ounces onions, carrot and celery frozen bag
- 12 ounces green yellow red peppers (mixed with onion in bag)
- 2 deep dish pillsbury pie crusts
- 2 regular store brand pie crusts
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sage
- 1⁄4 teaspoon celery seed
Directions See How It's Made
- Get one of them un mixin bowls out and mix everything really good except the pie crusts.
- Thaw Pie crust at least 10 minutes.
- Divide mixture between each of the 2 deep dish good pie crust.
- Top with cheap brand and pinch shut.
- Cut slits to vent. (3).
- Freeze one. Unless you have a great big ol' family.
- Place in oven preheated to 375 F for about 40 minutes. ON BOTTOM RACK unless you like the doughy crust on bottom).
- Take out and let sit 15 minutes then dig in!