7 hrs 5 mins
NRG Tribe's Note:
This recipe calls for soaking the oats overnight in order to reduce anti nutrients and deactivate enzyme inhibitors, making it a true super food. Make sure to eat it with plenty of butter or cream to guarantee you absorb all of the vitamins and minerals. From Nourishing Traditions by Sally Fallon
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup old fashioned rolled oats, organic
- 1 cup warm filtered water
- 2 tablespoons whey or 2 tablespoons yogurt or 2 tablespoons kefir or 2 tablespoons buttermilk or 2 tablespoons lemon juice or 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup filtered water
- 1 tablespoon flax seed (optional)
- 2 -4 tablespoons butter
- 1Mix oats with warm water and acid (whey, yogurt etc).
- 2Leave in a warm place for at least 7 hours, up to 24.
- 3When ready to cook, bring additional 1 cup of water to a boil with sea salt.
- 4Add soaked oats, reduce heat, cover and simmer for about 5 minutes.
- 5While oats are cooking, grind flax seeds in a coffee grinder.
- 6Remove from heat and stir in flax seeds.
- 7Sweeten with raw honey, maple syrup, molasses etc.
- 8Add 2 to 4 tablespoons butter or cream.
- 9Add chopped nuts or shredded coconut if desired.
Browse Our Top Oatmeal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Super Digestible Soaked Oatmeal - Nourishing Traditions
Serving Size: 1 (149 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 127.6
- Calories from Fat 63
- Total Fat 7.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 15.2 mg
- Sodium 346.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 2.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: