Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Deviled eggs with lemon juice and brown mustard.
- 8 hard-boiled eggs
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon sweet pickle relish
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon brown mustard
- 1 dash hot sauce
- 1 dash curry powder
- Mash the yolks from eggs with a fork; add the cream cheese and stir until smooth.
- Add the mayonnaise and rest of the ingredients, mix well.
- Spoon into egg whites; chill and serve.
These had a totally different taste than the normal deviled eggs i make. It must have been the lemonjuice/vinegar combo or even the brown mustard as I've only used regular yellow. They were really good and I even added a bit of chopped bacon. Thanks for a great change-up~
I really liked the creaminess from the cream cheese. I would have liked to taste the cream cheese more. I think the lemon juice and vinegar took away from it. I tried adding a bit of sugar to help balance it out. Next time, I will just leave out the lemon juice and vinegar. Thanx for posting!
These eggs were gone in no time! Easy to put together and very tasty. I might have used a bit more then a dash of the curry powder and the hot sauce then stated in the recipe and I added some finely chopped parsley...