Recipe by BrotherAdso
This is to a peanut butter sandwich what a supreme sundae is to an ice cream cone. Healthier than either, but wow. My favorite reward lunch. Melty, sweet, savory, peanutty....wow.
Top Review by Ransomed by Fire
I had this for breakfast today. It was my first ever Elvis-style sandwich. I was impressed that it wasn't as full of fat and cholestrol as some of the similar recipes listed here - but from eating it, I couldn't tell! Since I don't have a toaster oven and didn't want to make the sandwich any more unhealthy than it has to be, I broiled the insides of the bread and assembled the sandwich as directed and broiled the outsides without adding any margarine or butter to them. My advice to anyone considering making this sandwich? If you don't have milk in the house, don't even bother! You're going to need it!
- 2 slices 100% whole wheat bread (thick slices)
- 2 tablespoons natural-style peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon creamed honey
- 1 small banana, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Place bread under broiler to that one side toasts.
- Spread peanut butter on the toasted side of one slice, and spread creamed honey on the toasted side of the other slice.
- Place banana slices on the peanut butter slice.
- Press together to make a sandwich (the untoasted sides should be out).
- Toast in a toaster oven or on a hot skillet until the out-facing sides are nice and crispy.
- Dig in!