Recipe by Harley Seashell Princess
This is truly my own creation. I despised traditional potato salads lacking in color and flavor. My aunt inspired me with hers and then I took it to another level! If you love plenty of vegetables, dijon mustard, bacon and hard-boiled eggs then please give this one a try!
Top Review by shields.a
Great recipe--a bit complex (anything that gets 3 pots/pans dirty is complex to me)--but the results are well worth it! I made this for a holiday barbecue, and everyone loved it, myself included. I subbed turkey bacon and left out the radishes, but there's still plenty of interest and it's fairly bursting with flavor. I'll make this one again!
- 10 red potatoes, scrubbed clean
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- fresh coarse ground black pepper, to taste
- salt, to taste
- 2 radishes, sliced
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 2 carrots, grated
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 slices bacon, fried crisp
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Chunk the potatoes, leaving the skins on.
- Boil in salted water until fork-tender about 15 minutes.
- Drain well.
- In a large bowl combine the potatoes with the rest of the ingredients, more or less to your liking.
- There are no strict rules here.
- Just really good potato salad.
- Oh, and BTW, this stuff tastes even better the next day!
- I wonder why--.