Recipe by Leslulu
Our friends, the O'Brien's, shared this with us after we all raved about it. Great to have for football. This recipe calls for several layers but it's versatile enough to have as many as you want. I use more prepared horseradish than the recipe calls for because we love the "tanginess" it gives the sandwich. I also use deli meats and ask them to slice it for me. Also, the directions call for cooking the sandwich for 10 to 15 minutes but in my oven, I have to turn the temperature down to 350°F and leave in oven for about 30 minutes.
- 10 inches round loaf pumpernickel bread
- 2 teaspoons horseradish
- 1⁄4 lb roast beef, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 6 slices swiss cheese
- 2 tablespoons honey dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 lb ham, thinly sliced
- 1 tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 6 slices bacon, fried
- 6 slices American cheese
- 1⁄2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice the bread horizontally into 6 layers.
- On the bottom bread layer, spread horseradish, place roast beef slices and top with a bread slice.
- On the bread slice you just placed on top of the roast beef, spread mayonnaise on it and place Swiss cheese around. Top this with a slice of bread.
- On that slice that tops the Swiss cheese, spread with honey Dijon mustard and place ham slices around. Top with a slice of bread.
- On the bread slice that was just placed on the ham, place tomato slices around and the bacon too. Top with a slice of bread.
- On the bread slice you just put on the bacon, place American cheese and onion evenly around. Place the last piece of sliced bread on top.
- Spread top slice of bread with the softened butter and put the sandwich on a baking sheet. I actually make it on a baking sheet.
- Bake sandwich, uncovered, at 400°F for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Allow to cool slightly, then cut into wedges.