Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 mins
I got the recipe from my "Joy Of Cooking" Cookbook. They are so easy and are amazing. You can add fruit, cinnamon, chocolate chips, or whatever else you want to jazz them up. ENJOY!!! Cooking time is for each set of pancakes. You can freeze any leftover pancakes to re-heat later.
- Prepare and preheat your griddle. I typically heat mine to 375 degrees.
- You can also use a skillet on the stove.
- Whisk the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
- In another bowl, whisk together the milk, melted butter, eggs and vanilla.
- Pour the wet ingredients over the dry ingredients and gently whisk them together, mixing just until combined. Batter should be lumpy.
- Spoon 1/3 cup batter onto the griddle for each pancake, nudging the batter into rounds.
- Cook until the top of each pancake is speckled with bubbles and some of the bubbles have popped open.
- Once the bubbles start to pop, turn the pancakes over and cook until the underside is lightly browned.
- Serve immediately or keep warm in a 200 degree oven while you finish cooking the rest of the pancakes.