1/1 Photo of Super Crunchy Oven Fried Fish That Will Knock Your Socks Off!
Sophisticated Taste Buds!'s Note:
This is a recipe handed down to me from a buddy who has ran a seafood restaurant on the waters of Marina Del Ray, California. I have never found a crunchier, juicier and flavorful but yet oven fried fish ever. Enjoy it, I have. To prevent overcooking, buy fish fillets at least 1 inch thick. The bread crumbs can be made up to 3 days in advance, cooled, and stored at room temperature in an airtight container.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 large slice white bread, torn into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley leaves
- 1 small shallot, minced (about 2 tablespoons)
- 1/4 cup plus 5 tablespoons unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish (optional)
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 1/4 lbs skinless cod fish fillets (1 to 1 1/2 inches thick) or 1 1/4 lbs haddock fillets (1 to 1 1/2 inches thick) or 1 1/4 lbs other thick white fish fillets, cut into 4 pieces (1 to 1 1/2 inches thick)
- lemon wedge
- 11. Adjust oven rack to middle position and heat oven to 350 degrees. Pulse bread, melted butter, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in food processor until bread is coarsely ground, eight 1-second pulses (you should have about 3 1/2 cups crumbs). Transfer to rimmed baking sheet and bake until deep golden brown and dry, about 15 minutes, stirring twice during baking time. Cool crumbs to room temperature, about 10 minutes. Transfer crumbs to pie plate; toss with parsley and shallot. Increase oven temperature to 425 degrees.
- 22. Place 1/4 cup flour in second pie plate. In third pie plate, whisk eggs, horseradish (if using), mayonnaise, paprika, cayenne pepper (if using), and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper until combined; whisk in remaining 5 tablespoons flour until smooth.
- 33. Spray wire rack with nonstick cooking spray and place in rimmed baking sheet. Dry fish thoroughly with paper towels and season with salt and pepper. Dredge 1 fillet in flour; shake off excess. Using hands, coat with egg mixture. Coat all sides of fillet with bread crumb mixture, pressing gently so that thick layer of crumbs adheres to fish. Transfer breaded fish to wire rack. Repeat with remaining 3 fillets.
- 44. Bake fish until instant-read thermometer inserted into centers of fillets registers 140 degrees, 18 to 25 minutes. Using thin spatula, transfer fillets to individual plates and serve immediately with lemon wedges.
Browse Our Top North American Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All North American Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Super Crunchy Oven Fried Fish That Will Knock Your Socks Off!
Serving Size: 1 (230 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 278.8
- Calories from Fat 116
- Total Fat 12.9 g
- Saturated Fat 5.1 g
- Cholesterol 172.2 mg
- Sodium 193.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 29.6 g