Prep 15 mins
Cook 18 mins
A nice change from sweet muffins. Great for brunch or for after a worship service. From The Kansas Cookbook by Frank Carey
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1 tablespoon sugar (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 (3 ounce) can French fried onion rings, crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup potato chips, crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar if desired, salt, and baking powder.
- In a separate bowl, combine the soup, egg and oil.
- Add the liquid mixture to the dry ingredients and stir until moistened.
- Stir in the crumbled onion rings and fill greased muffin tins two-thirds full.
- Combine the chips and cheese and sprinkle on top of each muffin.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 18-20 minutes or until browned.
- Immediately remove from the pan and serve hot.