Yum yum! if you're looking for a crispy thin crust pizza that holds up under the pressure of your favorite toppings look no further! Make sure you get a pizza stone, they help make a crispier crust. You can get one at Target for 25-30 bucks and they're totally worth it.
- Preheat pizza stone in oven at 500°F.
- Warm water for 20 seconds in microwave.
- Dissolve yeast and sugar in water; allow to rest for 8 minutes.
- In the meantime, combine flour, salt and Italian seasoning.
- Pour yeast over flour mixture and mix well with a heavy spoon.
- Add 1 tbsp flour if needed.
- Turn dough on to a floured surface and knead for 2 minutes.
- Dust more flour on surface if needed .
- Using a rolling pin, roll dough into a 12" circle of even thickness (about 1/4") flipping over to roll each side (don't press too hard when rolling or dough may stick to surface).
- Cut off any excess edges to make a neat circle.
- Palm down, slide your hands under dough and lifting carefully place on to a hot pizza stone.
- Bake at 500°F for 4 minutes.
- Remove from oven and top with your favorite toppings (don't go too crazy with the toppings, a little goes a long way).
- Return to oven for 6-8 minutes.
- Helpful hint: Top pizza in this order to prevent the crust from getting soggy:.
- chopped basil.
- minced garlic.
- (6-8) 2 tbs dollops of pizza sauce evenly spaced.