Recipe by catalinacrawler
Yum yum! if you're looking for a crispy thin crust pizza that holds up under the pressure of your favorite toppings look no further! Make sure you get a pizza stone, they help make a crispier crust. You can get one at Target for 25-30 bucks and they're totally worth it.
Top Review by Felina
This idea of putting the sauce on top seemed a little strange to us, but it turned out just fabulous! A nice crispy crunch to the crust. We could hear it when the pizza wheel hit it. Just a word of warning, though. I heated my water for 25 seconds and it was too hot to put the yeast in. I had to wait for it to cool a little. Yeast will die at about 140 F, so it will be WAY beyond that at 2 minutes in the microwave. I would test it after 15 seconds. Should be like bath water. We'll be making this again. Thanks Catalina!
- 1⁄4 ounce active dry yeast
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 3⁄4 cup hot water
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons italian seasoning
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat pizza stone in oven at 500°F.
- Warm water for 20 seconds in microwave.
- Dissolve yeast and sugar in water; allow to rest for 8 minutes.
- In the meantime, combine flour, salt and Italian seasoning.
- Pour yeast over flour mixture and mix well with a heavy spoon.
- Add 1 tbsp flour if needed.
- Turn dough on to a floured surface and knead for 2 minutes.
- Dust more flour on surface if needed .
- Using a rolling pin, roll dough into a 12" circle of even thickness (about 1/4") flipping over to roll each side (don't press too hard when rolling or dough may stick to surface).
- Cut off any excess edges to make a neat circle.
- Palm down, slide your hands under dough and lifting carefully place on to a hot pizza stone.
- Bake at 500°F for 4 minutes.
- Remove from oven and top with your favorite toppings (don't go too crazy with the toppings, a little goes a long way).
- Return to oven for 6-8 minutes.
- Helpful hint: Top pizza in this order to prevent the crust from getting soggy:.
- chopped basil.
- minced garlic.
- (6-8) 2 tbs dollops of pizza sauce evenly spaced.