1/3 Photos of Super Crispy Onion Rings
This goes fast! A great late night snack, goes perfectly with burgers, soup, and sandwiches! Adapted from Food & Wine magazine. Onion rings are a type of fast food commonly found in the United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Australia and Spain.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a very large pot (or deep fryer), heat the oil to 365°.
- 2In a bowl, whisk the flour with the cornstarch, baking soda and 2 teaspoons of salt.
- 3Add 2 1/2 cups of the club soda and whisk until smooth; the batter should be thick but pourable. If needed, add the remaining 1/2 cup of club soda, a few tablespoons at a time.
- 4Working with 6 or 7 onion rings at a time, dip them in the batter until completely coated; as you pull the rings from the batter, scrape some of the excess against the side of the bowl.
- 5Carefully add the onion rings to the hot oil and fry until golden and crisp, about 2 minutes.
- 6Drain the onion rings on paper towels.
- 7Sprinkle the onion rings with salt and serve immediately or keep warm in an oven on low heat while you coat and fry the rest. Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Super Crispy Onion Rings
Serving Size: 1 (395 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2174.4
- Calories from Fat 1966
- Total Fat 218.5 g
- Saturated Fat 28.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 915.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 5.2 g