1/3 Photos of Super Creamy Pumpkin Soup
Once you get the hang of chopping up a pumpkin (or the skill of using the can opener) this recipe is just super easy. The prep time is mostly just chopping the silly thing up, so don't let the time scare you. You literally just chop, boil, stir in. Came up with this on a cold, English night when I just wanted come creamy comfort food. Good luck, and let me know what you think.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 -1 1/2 lb fresh pumpkin (fresh preferably, seeds out, skin off)
- 4 cups chicken stock or 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 red pepper
- 2 carrots
- 1 large red onion
- 1 red chile, deseeded (if you want some kick) (optional)
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped or 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 ounces creamed coconut
- 1Set broth boiling, chop skinned pumpkin into pieces, toss into broth.
- 2Skin carrots, chop, toss inches.
- 3Follow with red pepper, onion, and chili.
- 4Boil until very soft (usually about half an hour).
- 5If veg is still floating, drain off some broth (you can't drain too much as you can always add back, but can't take more out if it's not thick enough :).
- 6Either use hand blender or upright, blend til smooth.
- 7Add cream, butter, coconut, and garlic.
- 8Salt and pepper to taste.
- 9Eat then, simmer for a while, or freeze. It all works with this one.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Super Creamy Pumpkin Soup
Serving Size: 1 (360 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 481.8
- Calories from Fat 340
- Total Fat 37.8 g
- Saturated Fat 25.0 g
- Cholesterol 96.3 mg
- Sodium 415.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 9.6 g
- Protein 10.2 g