Recipe by Lord Bezoar
We got this recipe from a card in our grocery's butcher shop area and it has been a hit with us. I looked for a similar recipe here on 'zaar and didn't find one so I decided to toss it up here. Enjoy!
Top Review by lux_1309
Thank you for sharing this recipe. I cooked my chicken differently (cubed and grilled it in a pan) but followed your recipe for the sauce. It was a hit! The only thing I changed was I added some extra parmigiano-reggiano, 16 oz. of heavy cream (just to use it all) and mushrooms with a sprinkle of paprika, it was delicious! Thanks again for sharing, I'll be making this frequently!
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, Minced
- 1 tablespoon onion, Minced
- 1 1⁄2 cups heavy cream
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese, Grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 lb fettuccine, cooked
- 2 -3 sprigs parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Place the flour in a shallow dish or pie tin.
- Sprinkle the Chicken with salt then coat with flour.
- Heat the 2 Tablespoons of Olive Oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until hot.
- Add the Chicken and cook--turning once--until golden (2-4 min per side).
- Remove Chicken from skillet and place in a 13x9 baking dish.
- Heat the remaining olive oil in the same skillet over medium heat until hot.
- Add the garlic and onion and saute it until the garlic is fragrant and the onion is tender (1-2 min).
- Increase heat to Medium-High and add the Heavy Cream, Parmesan and Black Pepper.
- Cook until sauce is bubbly and slightly thickened (2-3 min).
- Spoon the sauce over the chicken in the dish.
- Bake the chicken until the chicken reaches an internal tempurature of 180 degrees (8-12 minutes).
- Plate the chicken on a bed of the Fettuccine and sprinkle the Parsley over the top.