Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 mins
My brother's favorite variation on just about everyone's favorite comfort food! *Cook time is broiling time.*
- 16 ounces jumbo pasta shells
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 (5 ounce) cans evaporated milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce (or Tobasco sauce)
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese or 3 cups Mexican blend cheese, divided (12 oz.)
- Cook the pasta according to package directions in salted water; drain and return shells to the pot.
- Stir in the butter; cover, and set aside.
- Position a boiler rack so that the top of your macaroni and cheese (in its baking dish) will be 4-6" from the heat source; preheat the broiler.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the eggs, evaporated milk, Worcestershire sauce, salt, chili powder, and pepper until combined.
- Place the pasta over low heat; stir in the milk mixture and 2 cups of the cheese.
- Cook, stirring, until a creamy sauce forms and the mixture is hot, about 5 minutes.
- Pour the mixture into an ungreases 6-cup baking dish; sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Broil until lightly browned and bubbly, 2-3 minutes; serve hot.