Recipe by Mom of Five
This is "comfort" food, great to deliver to new moms, or a neighbor who is not feeling well. Definately a dish to share!
Top Review by kitina
I must confess, I didn't make this but my neighbour made 2. One for her and one for me!! It was delicious! The sour cream and cream cheese really adds zip to it. I will definately be making this often, thanks.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 8 ounces egg noodles, cooked
- shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown ground beef in skillet, stirring until crumbly.
- Rinse and return to skillet.
- Add tomato sauce, parmesan cheese and seasonings; mix well.
- Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Blend sour cream and cream cheese in a bowl.
- Mix in garlic.
- Layer noodles, sour cream mixture and ground beef sauce 1/2 at a time in a 2-quart baking dish.
- Top with cheddar cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees until heated through, about 30 minutes.