Prep 5 mins
Cook 4 hrs
a simple tasty corn dish.
- 2 (15 ounce) cans whole kernel corn
- 2 (15 ounce) cans creamed corn
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 (8 ounce) carton sour cream
- 1 (8 ounce) package jalapeno cornbread mix
- In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients and mix well.
- Pour into slow cooker sprayed with vegetable cooking spray.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours.
- Make a one dish meal by adding 2 1/2 cups cubed leftover ham.
This is a very tasty recipe and it was really easy to make. I had the same outcome as the previous reviewer -- maybe my expectation is different than the recipe intended. I will definitely try this dish again; however, next time I might add some eggs and cheese to pull it together into more of a thicker casserole-type dish. Thanks for the post! Made for 1-2-3 Tag, November, 2011.
This is very good. I wasn't sure quite what to expect. The flavor is excellent. The consistency is very loose. I made as directed, substituting Recipe #264541 (but left out the oil, egg & milk, and reduced the sugar to 2 tablespoons). I then added 1/4 cup chopped canned jalapenos. I drained the cans of whole kernel corn even though it didn't state it in the recipe...and I am glad I did since the end result was quite loose anyway. I might try baking individual servings in custard cups. Thanks for posting! Made for PRMR. Update: It did firm up as the corn mixture cooled.