Recipe by YummySmellsca
There's nothing meek about the chocolate flavour in this rich, brownie-like loaf! Ricotta cheese, apple butter and a hint of Nutella keep the crumb moist and so rich you'll forget there's almost a pound of zucchini inside too!
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 6 (1 g) packets Truvia
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons nutella
- 1⁄2 cup smooth ricotta cheese or 1⁄2 cup pureed cottage cheese
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened apple butter
- 1⁄4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 14 ounces grated zucchini
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F and grease a loaf pan.
- In a mixing bowl, beat together the egg, Truvia, sugar, Nutella, ricotta and applesauce.
- Add the flours, nutmeg, baking soda, baking powder & cocoa, stirring just until moistened.
- Fold in chocolate chips and zucchini.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then carefully turn out and cool completely on a wire rack.
- Serve topped with a cream cheese frosting or glaze.