Prep 25 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is a thin dense cake. Decorate it with orange peel curls for a special touch.
- 7 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 4 ounces milk chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup softened butter
- 1 orange
- 8 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- cocoa powder
- Preheat the oven to 300°F.
- Grease a 9" spring-form pan.
- Beat the eggs loosely and set aside.
- Melt the chocolate chips in a microwave, on high, for 1-2 minutes. Stir in the butter. Microwave for a few moments more until everything is nicely melted. Mix well.
- Wash the orange and grate the peel into the melted chocolate mixture. Let cool. Stir in the eggs and sugar.
- Spread the mixture into the spring-form. Bake for 25 minutes. Turn off the oven, but let the cake stand in the oven for another 10 minutes or more, then take it out to let it cool.
- Dust the cake with cocoa powder and serve.
This cake was so easy to make. I was worried about all the orange peel that went into it, but it wasn't overpowering. I had to bake it about twice as long as the recipe says. It also left an orange jel at the bottom of the pan, which some of my family didn't like, but I couldn't get enough of it. Thanks for a yummy and delicious recipe.