Prep 15 mins
Cook 18 mins
These are on the small side and a little lumpy so may not be guest-worthy but they are super chocolaty and yummy! Feel free to substitute in your own bran-type cereal. I modified this recipe from Fibre 1 cereal to Corn bran because that’s what I had in the house!
- 1 1⁄2 cups quaker corn-bran cereal
- 1 cup hot water
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2⁄3 cup artificial sweetener (or 16 packets)
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg white
- Combine cereal and water and allow to sit and soften while you get the dry ingredients together.
- Add vanilla and egg white to softened cereal.
- Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. It will look dry, but keep stirring and it will eventually soak up all the dry ingredients.
- Bake at 375 for 15-18 minutes or until fully cooked (use a toothpick to double check since the outside always looks done on these.
I used bran cereal buds which worked out just great but had to put an extra 1 1/2 cups of water in at the end because it never stuck together. I made 20 small muffins and they are soooooo chocolatey good I couldn't imagine eating a bigger one and I can't believe they would only be 80 calories! Cooking time ended up being 15 - 18 minutes for the smaller ones. Not sure about the nutrition.