Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This tasty treat is made with raw cacao nibs and goji berries. You can get both these ingredients at most health food stores. I halved the recipe. I also ground up the cacao and goji berries before I put them in the blender. If you can't find cacao butter you can use coconut butter in its place, however, the coconut butter is quite strong in taste and can over-power the taste. You can find other recipes at www.naked-chocolate.com
- 2 cups goji berries
- 2 cups cocoa nibs
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 2 cups grated raw cocoa butter
- Grind up the goji berries and cacao nibs in a coffee mill. Then put all the ingredients into a Vita-Mix blender.
- You will need a very durable blender as this can be quite dense.
- Put into any mold and refrigerate until set. I estimated you will need about 4 ice cube trays for this recipe.
- Bon Appetit!
I have not made this recipe but I have made raw chocolate before. A tip for those who don't have a high power blender is to melt the cocoa butter by placing it in a bowl over a pan of hot (but not very hot) water for a while. (So long as the butter isn't above body temp. or something like that it's considered raw). Dry grind the cocoa nibs and goji berries separately, place them in a blender, and with the blades running, pour in the butter and blend till smooth. Alternatively you can mix the berries, nibs and cocoa butter by hand though it will not be as smooth.