Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
From Canadian Living magazine.
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces white chocolate, chopped
- In saucepan over medium-high heat, bring sugar, butter and 2 tbsp water to boil, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; stir in half of the bittersweet chocolate until melted. Let cool for 10 minutes. Whisk in eggs, 1 at a time; whisk in vanilla.
- In separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda and salt; stir into chocolate mixture. Stir in remaining bittersweet chocolate and white chocolate. Pour into parchment paper-lined 9-inch square metal cake pan.
- Bake in centre of 325F oven for 30 minutes or until tester comes out with a few crumbs clinging. Let cool in pan on rack.
- Cut into squares.
Took to the DS's recreation group were they were quickly gobbled up and thoroughly enjoyed. Thank you Redsie, made for Photo Tag.