Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
I don't remember where the recipe originated but I do know that they are awesome!!!
Make and share this Super Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup nuts, chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a small bowl stir together the flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- In large bowl beat the butter or margerine, shortening and sugars until creamy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Add flour mixture and mix well. Stir in the chocolate chips and nuts.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2-inches apart onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned.
- For Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies: Decrease the flour to 1 3/4 cup and add 1 1/2 cups oatmeal to dry ingredients. Proceed with recipe as written above.
GREAT TASTING COOKIES! I made half the batch without nuts & the other half with some toasted almonds, & both versions were OUTSTANDING! Will admit that these were made for a friend who was giving a party & needed some cookie-making help, but I managed to salvage enough to do a proper taste test, & you've definitely got a winning recipe, & a keeper, too! Thanks for sharing! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in the current Pick-A-Chef]
You're right Silent Rain they are awesome cookies! Made as posted and wouldnt change a thing. I didn't add the optional nuts making for a wonderful tasting Chocolate Chip Cookie that my family is partial to. Next time around I am going to try your Oatmeal Chocolate Chip option and I am sure they will be a hit here as well. Thank you for posting this super chocolate chip cookie.