Recipe by Lorraine of AZ
This is another recipe from my talented niece. It is a hearty dip and easy, too. Just great accompanied by a football game! The hardest part might be chopping the onions. But you can make this easier by cutting them in half lengthwise through the lower portion of each onion, rotating the onion a quarter-turn, and cutting lengthwise again. Then simply slice the onions.
- 1 lb Velveeta cheese, chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) can chili without beans (I use Wolf or Hormel)
- 1 bunch green onion, chopped including tops
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees.
- Combine all ingredients in an ovenproof baking/serving dish. Bake in preheated oven 1 hour.
- Serve hot with plenty of corn or tortilla chips.
- If you don't have a baking dish that can also be used for serving, transfer dip to a chafing dish or electric skillet.