Recipe by Suzanne S.
I heard about this sandwich from Back in the Day Bakery, so decided to recreate it at home. It was delicious, and really simple! The herbed mayo makes this sandwich! (Herbed Mayo from Southern Living)
- 4 sandwich buns
- 4 chicken cutlets
- 1 teaspoon cajun seasoning
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 4 slices red onions
- 4 slices sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
Directions See How It's Made
- First make your herbed mayo: Stir together 2 cups mayonnaise, 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley, 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives, 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil, 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill, and 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano. Put in fridge while you make sandwiches.
- For sandwiches, preheat skillet on medium high heat and add oil to pan. Sprinkle cutlets with Cajun Seasoning and place in skillet. Cook 3 minutes and flip. Cook on other side 3 minutes. Stick skillet in a 350 degree oven while you prepare the remaining ingredients and bake until cooked through (which will depend on the thickness of your chicken), about 10 minutes or until they test done. Toast buns, spread one side with herbed mayo, and assemble remaining ingredients on sandwich.