Recipe by ChefDebs
This is a delicious alternative to beef chili.Serve with grated cheese and sour cream and warm pita bread...Yummmmm! Great for the upcoming winter nights.
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 lbs boneless chicken breasts, cubed
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 2 (14 ounce) cans white beans
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomatoes, diced
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a large saucepan and add onions, green pepper and garlic, cook over med heat until it starts to soften, about 5 minutes.
- Add chicken and saute for 5 mins or until no longer pink .
- Add chili powder,cayenne pepper,oregano, sugar, cumin and tomato paste.
- Add beans with their juice and tomatoes and simmer for half an hour or until thickened.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir in chopped cilantro and serve.