Recipe by Chef shapeweaver �
I fixed this for my son one night and he said "super" and hence the name. This serves 6 adults or two adults and one teenage boy.
Top Review by DSG
This is good and simple. I used less salt, and I used a box of wild rice because that's all I had. The water did not all absorb but that was OK b/c my husband takes leftovers to work the next day and rice tends to dry out. If you plan to eat it alI in one meal, use less water when you add the rice. I will make this again.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast (cut in small bite size pieces)
- 1 cup frozen chopped broccoli (thawed)
- 1 (6 7/8 ounce) package chicken rice-a-roni (rice-a-roni works best)
- 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1 tablespoon seasoning salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon oregano
Directions See How It's Made
- In small bowl, combine all spices; set aside.
- In large skillet over medium heat, melt margarine.
- Add chicken.
- Sprinkle spice mix over chicken.
- Stir to coat.
- Saute chicken until lightly browned.
- Do not drain.
- In same skillet as chicken is in, cook rice according to package directions.
- When adding water, also add broccoli.
- Cover and turn heat to low.
- Simmer for 15 minutes, or until water is absorbed.