Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
If you love chewy chocolate chip cookies, you'll love this recipe.
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups large milk chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix together the flour, sugar, salt, and baking soda.
- Add in the butter, eggs, and vanilla and mix until it forms a dough.
- Add in the chocolate chips.
- Refrigerate the dough for at least 4 hours, but preferably overnight (this step is very important!).
- Roll pieces of the dough into 20 to 25 balls.
- Bake for 9-10 minutes. The cookies will look very soft, but take them out of the oven anyway.
- Allow the cookies to cool for at least 20 minutes.
Excellent chocolate chip cookies and they stay soft and chewy just like we like them. I refrigerated them overnight as suggested and that worked out well. I made mine smaller so I got more than 20-25 cookies which we loved. I will try adding some nuts next time. Thanks for sharing. Made for PAC Spring 2014