Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
These cookies are honestly the best cookies I have ever made. I have tried a zillion chocolate chip cookie recipes then my cousin gave me this recipe to try. I like to store these in the refridgerator, it keeps them really chewy and yummy!
- 2⁄3 cup melted butter
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- 2 2⁄3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 -2 cup chocolate chips (I prefer milk chocolate)
- Preheat oven 375 degrees.
- Mix the first four ingredients in a large bowl.
- Mix the dry ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Add the Dry to the wet.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Drop by teaspoonful, or I prefer to roll into balls and bake for 8-10 minutes.
- I find that baking them for 8 minutes then refrigerating them turns out the best. They will hardly look done, but they will be very chewy.
They are delicious but too sweet. Next time I'll use only 1 cup of brown sugar. And maybe use 1 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips. Thanks :)
Very nice cookie. I did cut back to 1 1/4 c. of sugar as I thought that might yield a not so sweet cookie and I was right to change the amount. I also didn't melt the butter. I leave my butter out normally, so it was almost melted from the heat of the day. LoL! Chewy as promised, with just the right amount of crispness. :)
Sorry Jenna, but this just didn't work out for me. I followed all of your instructions to the T - ended up with very flat cookies that tended to stick to the cookie sheets. Had to remove them to a cooling rack immediately. Served them to the kids warm, and my 9-year-old wouldn't finish hers. She tends to be finicky, so I put them in the fridge. When hubby came home from the road in the middle of the night, he tried them. He asked me this morning what was wrong with them - said they tasted funny. Far too sweet, but not a good sweet - a pungent sweet.