Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This is a great recipe for Cherry Cola lovers.
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 (3 ounce) package cherry gelatin
- 1 1⁄4 cups cola, cold
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream (2 cups)
- Stir boiling water into gelatin in medium bowl 2 minutes until completely dissolved. Stir in cola. Refrigerate 20 to 30 minutes or until slightly thickened (consistency of unbeaten egg whites). Reserve 1/2 cup gelatin.
- Place 1/2 cup ice cream into each of 4 tall ice cream soda glasses. Top with thickened gelatin mixture.
- Beat reserved 1/2 cup gelatin mixture with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Spoon into each glass.
- Refrigerate 2 hours or until firm.
- Garnish each float with a maraschino cherry and sprinkles.
Wow! This was great way of making edible, rather than drinkable, cherry cola floats. I did have to chill the jello longer than just 30 mins to get it in the right consistency, but apart from that, all worked as a clock. To intensify the flavor, it would be an idea to use coke or cherry juice instead of the water, to dissolve the jello with.