Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
There are seven different kinds of Italian cheeses in this stuffed shells recipe.
Make and share this Super-Cheesy Stuffed Shells recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (12 ounce) package jumbo pasta shells
- 1 (24 ounce) jar tomato and basil pasta sauce
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 (15 ounce) containers ricotta cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) package5-cheese Italian cheese blend, shredded
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- fresh basil (optional)
- Cook shells according to package directions; drain.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Coat 3-quart baking dish with cooking spray.
- Combine sauce and tomatoes with their juice; spread 1/2 cup sauce mixture in baking dish.
- Combine ricotta, 1 cup cheese blend, egg, Parmesan, parsley, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Spoon mixture into shells; place in baking dish.
- Top with remaining sauce mixture; cover with foil.
- Bake 45 minutes.
- Uncover; sprinkle with remaining 1 cup cheese blend.
- Bake until cheese is melted, 5 minutes.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
- If desired, garnish with basil.
Excellent. The filling is much better than the ones I've had in frozen entrees.
I love cheese-filled stuffed shells. These are really good.