1/2 Photos of Super Cheap Banana Bread
From a government website on good recipes for little money. This uses ordinary things you have in the house and should cost .97 for the whole recipe according to the website. Toss in some raisins or chocolate chips for variation.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Peel the bananas. Put them in a mixing bowl. Mash the bananas with a fork.
- 3Add the egg, oil, milk, sugar, salt, baking soda, and baking powder. Mix well with the fork.
- 4Slowly stir the flour into the banana mixture. Stir for 20 seconds until the flour is moistened.
- 5Lightly grease the bread pan with a little oil -OR- cooking spray -OR- line it with wax paper.
- 6Pour the batter into the bread pan.
- 7Bake for 45 minutes until a toothpick inserted near the middle comes out clean.
- 8Let the bread cool for 5 minutes before removing it from the pan.
- 9Notes: The key to good banana bread is to use well-ripened bananas that are covered with brown speckles. Try using half whole wheat flour to add some fiber.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Super Cheap Banana Bread
Serving Size: 1 (69 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 139.2
- Calories from Fat 28
- Total Fat 3.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 18.5 mg
- Sodium 323.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 9.7 g
- Protein 2.7 g