Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This Carrot Raisin salad is a bit different in the spices that the recipe calls for. I enjoy this salad very much, but it may just be my taste. From "World's Healthiest Foods" Website. I try to use all organic ingredients; especially on the raisins. This recipe is for the salad and the dressing. Hope it works for you.
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pineapple
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons coconut milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1⁄2 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- white pepper
- For the dressing, blend the coconut milk, turmeric, honey, orange zest, lemon juice, olive oil and salt and pepper in a blender, being sure to add the olive oil at the end of the blending a little at a time.
- Shred carrots in a food processor or grater. Depeding on how big they are it will take 2 or 3 carrots.
- Mix with raisins and pineapple.
- Toss with desired amount of dressing.
- Top with cilantro.