Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Simple and delicious.
Make and share this Super Burgers recipe from Food.com.
- Mix meats, parsley and powders in a large bowl.
- Divide mixture into 8 equal portions (6 oz ea).
- Gently form into the desired sized disk, generally about 4" diameter, 3/4" thick seems to work pretty good.
- Don't overwork the meat, it takes the tenderness out of it.
- At this point you can place the burgers, wrapped in plastic, in the fridge for a day or so without any change of flavor.
- Could be frozen as well.
- Press your thumb in the center of each burger to form a depression about 1/2 the thickness of the burger.
- This prevents the football burger problem that everyone squeezes the burger for.
- Right before cooking brush a bit of olive oil on the burgers and season with garlic salt and pepper.
- Cook on a VERY hot grill, about 4 minutes.
- Extinguish flare-ups as required.
- Turn once and cook for an additional 4 minutes for a hot pink center (3 minutes for rare, 5 minutes for well done) Add cheese (if desired) for the last 60 seconds or so.
- The key here is to form a crust that will seal in the juices and yield a juicy, flavorful burger.
- Can also be done in a hot cast iron skillet on the stove.
I cut the recipe back to 1- 6 oz burger. Fried it along with some mushrooms - It was crispy on the outside and Oh so juicy inside. I mixed half ground lamb & half beef - Interesting combination but I think that I would keep it straight beef next time or straight lamb .The thumb print impression is a good idea. With ground beef I like the burger to be well done so gave it a full 5 minutes each side. Served on a Portuguese bun with Oven fries seasoned with Mediterranian/Garlic Salad dressing seasoning Good Burger Thanks Steve for a neat flavor comb0