Recipe by Olha
Even though he's not a chocolate fan, my husband likes these brownies. Very popular for company and potlucks.
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 4 2⁄3 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided (28 ounces)
- 3 tablespoons hot water
- 4 eggs
- 5 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups coarsely chopped macadamia nuts or 2 cups pecans, divided
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan over medium heat, melt butter and sugar.
- Remove from the heat; stir in 2 cups chocolate chips until melted.
- Pour into a mixing bowl; beat in water.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add vanilla.
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt; beat into the chocolate mixture until smooth.
- Stir in 2 cups of chocolate chips and 1 cup of nuts.
- Pour into greased 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan.
- Sprinkle with remaining chips and nuts.
- Bake at 325 F.
- for 55 minutes or until the center is set (do not over-bake).
- Yield: about 3 1/2 dozen.
- Country Woman.