Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is an adptation of a recipe found on a box of bran buds, I needed a really high-fiber bran muffin.
- 1 1⁄4 cups white flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 4 tablespoons wheat bran
- 3 cups all-bran cereal
- 2 1⁄2 cups milk
- 4 egg whites
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons applesauce
- Pour cereal, milk, oil and beaten egg whites into a large bowl.
- Let set for 2 minutes, then beat well.
- While cereal is soaking, measure out dry ingredients into a smaller bowl.
- Mix into cereal mixture.
- Put batter into 24 greased muffin pan cups.
- Bake at 400 for 18 minutes.
- Place in a large gallon bag and freeze. You may wrap separately in saran wrap or foil beforehand if desired
- To reheat, place in microwave for 20 seconds on high.
Sorry, but these just did not do it for me. I found the dough sticky and it stuck to the paper muffin liner. It was difficult to get the muffin out of the paper. I also found these to be somewhat bland for my taste. Sorry kwlabear. I hope others do better than I.