Recipe by Boni in Minnesota
This is any easy dip and a favorite where ever I happen to take it, but I always make it for the Super Bowl. Be sure to use a shallow large platter. This dip can easily be doubled for a large group.
Top Review by Bonnie G #2
Made this today to take to a Super Bowl Party and it not only taste great but was fun to make. Instead of chopping the avocado we made guacamole out of it and spread over then topped it all with salsa. What we tasted is great and I'm sure it's going to be a hit. A big plus is it "looks" impressive too.
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning (I use low sodium)
- shredded lettuce
- tomatoes, chopped
- finely shredded cheddar cheese
- chopped scallion
- diced black olives
- 1 chopped avocado
- 4 ounces diced green chilies
Directions See How It's Made
- Soften cream cheese and whip with sour cream with mixer until smooth. mix in taco seasoning.
- Spread onto shallow platter and chill. This step can be done ahead before the event.
- When ready to serve, layer the remainder of the ingredients as they are listed above. You can omit or add another favorite.
- Serve with tortilla chips or corn chips.