Recipe by countrycook97
These potato skins are great for events like the superbowl and are super easy to make! Throw in what ever you like or have laying around in the kitchen! This recipe makes about 8 super stuff'd potatoe skins but if your serving for a crowd you can cut the potatoes into halves then into halves again for potato poppers! These are fried to a crisp before being baked with a cheesy creamy filling!
Top Review by FoodCriticNYC
I love your recipes! I made your "All in 1 breakfast casserole" that was a winner! You are an amazing cook with brilliant ideas! These are WAY better than TGI Friday's skins, NO other restaurant would come close the the crispy, cheesy, baccony, yummy taste as you! These are like french fry twice baked potatoes... A match made in heaven! Anyone who loves TGI Friday's or potato skins in general NEED TO MAKE THESE! They really are great for superbowl like gatherings too!!! Thanks soooo much for sharing this GREAT recipe!!! :D
- 4 large potatoes (I use Russet)
- 1 1⁄2 cups sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup bacon (I bought the kind already cooked, make sure to chop it)
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 1 pinch salt and pepper
- oil, to fry in
- optional chopped green onion
Directions See How It's Made
- Bake the potatoes until tender (I bought the micorwavable kind, you may bake them though). Let potatoes cool. In a medium size bowl mix the Sour Cream, Baccon, Shredded Cheese, Salt, Pepper. Refridgerate for 10-15 minute Take the potatoes half them, and then fourth them. Scoop almost all the potato flesh out with a spoon, I like to leave a little so it's more like a french fry, but it dosnt really matter.
- While the filling is in the fridge, heat your oil (I have a fryer) to about 350 degrees. Once the oil is hot drop the skins into fryer or pan. Cook the skins until crispy (5-8 mins). Once done place them on a plate lined with a paper towel to absorb grease.
- Take out the filling and preheat the oven to "Broiler" Get a baking sheet and fill the skins with the filling, don't put too much or all the filling will come out. Broil the potato skins until the filling is hot and goey. If you want, garnish with green onion.
- Review and Comment! They are much appreciated! I hope you love these as much as I do! Thanks! :).