Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is loaded with shrimp and crab - gently graced with scallion and a little garlic. Serve with Carrs table water crackers or saltines. I also put out a little bottle of Tabasco for those who like a little kick - they can put a few drops on their own serving. Also very good with raw veggies. Carrot sticks are my favorite dipper for this!
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise (Hellmans or Best Foods)
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce, to taste
- 2 scallions, finely minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed garlic, I use from the jar, but if you use fresh, make sure it is completely smooth
- 1⁄2 lb cooked shrimp, finely chopped
- 1 (6 ounce) can crabmeat, I use Bumblebee extra fancy
- Cream the cream cheese in a blender until fluffy.
- Stir in mayonnaise and sour cream.
- Add Worcestershire sauce and garlic.
- Add scallions.
- Fold in shrimp and crab.
- Check seasoning and serve.
I make one very similar to this. Although I have never put hot sauce next to it or on it. Looks like I will for Christmas.
Very yummy dip! I took Julie's suggestion and put out a bottle of Tabasco sauce for those that wanted a little heat. I also used Rita's suggestion in her review and added about 1/4 t of Old Bay seasoning to kick it up a bit. I served this with Ritz crackers as that's what I had on hand. Thanks for sharing this recipe!
I (We)must say enjoyed this very much. Liked it better then the hot crab dips we`ve had. This is 5 stars and the only way that could take it over the top is adding some horseradish or old bay to kick it up. That is if you like it hot! Like we do.