Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
A spicy, delicious snack perfect for the food table, easy to make for a potluck, party or in this case, the SuperBowl!
- 4 avocados, ripe
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon tequila
- 1 tablespoon hot pepper sauce
- salt, to your taste
- pepper, to your taste
- 1 large tomatoes, diced
- 1⁄2 red onion, diced
- 6 pieces whole wheat pita bread
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, finely chopped (you can use dried)
- In a food processor, blend the avocados, garlic, lemon juice, tequila and hot pepper sauce until smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper, to your taste.
- Mix in chopped tomato, onion and garlic powder. Cover tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate until needed.
- Pita Chips
- Cut pita circles into small triangles, then separate the bread.
- Arrange pita triangles on a large baking dish and sprinkle with black pepper, garlic powder, oregano and sesame seeds.
- Drizzle a small amount of olive oil all over the pita triangles.
- Bake at 350' until lightly golden and crispy.
- Store uncovered until needed. Serve with the guacamole.