1/2 Photos of Super Bowl Pizza-In-A-Pan
Mimi in Maine's Note:
This is a tasty dish that I got from another cooking website. It is quick and easy to make. There is no crust, so if you think you need something, you could serve it with my Easy Bread Bowls. Yummy! It can be made ahead of time and the toppings put on before you bake it. If you do that, let it stand at room temperature for a little while. NOTE: I sometimes do it all in a frying pan and then put it into a casserole dish and bake it and not use an oven-proof skillet. Works well both ways.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 green bell pepper (chopped)
- 1/2 red bell pepper (chopped)
- 1 -2 garlic clove (minced)
- 8 ounces sliced fresh mushrooms (reserve a little for the top)
- 1 1/4 cups elbow macaroni
- 1 (14 ounce) jar pasta sauce or 1 (14 ounce) jar pizza sauce
- 1 (14 ounce) jar water (use pasta sauce jar)
- 1 (2 1/2 ounce) can sliced black olives (drained (reserve a little for the top)
- 1 (8 ounce) package shredded mozzarella cheese (2 cups)
- sliced pepperoni (as much as you want)
- salt and pepper
- 1Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2In a oven-proof skillet, brown hamburg, onion, pepper, garlic, and sliced mushrooms for about 5 minutes until meat is cooked through; drain excess fat.
- 3Add macaroni, pasta sauce, water, and olives.
- 4Cook until it comes to a slow bubble for about 15 minutes, until macaroni is soft.
- 5If you are doing this according to the NOTE in the description and are going to transfer it to a casserole, you will do it at this point and continue with other steps.
- 6Add the mozzarella cheese and pepperoni on the top.
- 7Garnish with reserved bell pepper, a few sliced mushrooms, and black olives.
- 8Bake in a 400 degree oven for about 15 minutes till cheese is nice and bowned on top.
- 9Serve directly from the pan.
- 10You could serve it in my recipe for bread bowls that are made ahead of time.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Super Bowl Pizza-In-A-Pan
Serving Size: 1 (376 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 291.1
- Calories from Fat 108
- Total Fat 12.0 g
- Saturated Fat 5.7 g
- Cholesterol 31.2 mg
- Sodium 602.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 9.4 g
- Protein 14.2 g